CARBONITE ONLINE BACKUP
What is Online Backup?
Online backup solutions provide protection for your computer files so you can get those files back in the event of a data disaster – saving you time, money and stress. Unlike other antiquated methods of data backup – such as external drives & CDs – there’s no hardware to buy, no cables to connect, no training or maintenance required.
Carbonite gives you secure, automatic offsite backup that protects your files from accidental deletion, spills, theft and just about anything else that could harm your data. Once installed, Carbonite backs up your files to the cloud – so you can get them back when you need them most. Because Carbonite works continually, backing up new and changed files whenever you’re connected to the Internet, you can rest easy knowing your backed up files are always protected.
Since 2006, Carbonite has backed up over 200 billion files and today, backs up more than 300 million files each day! Most importantly, Carbonite has restored over 7 billion files that otherwise would have been lost forever.
Safe, secure and completely automatic. Carbonite is The Better Backup Plan ™
- Set it & forget it. Carbonite backs up your files automatically to the cloud – so you never have to remember to back up. No hardware required.
- Continual Backup. Whenever you’re connected to the Internet, Carbonite backs up your files – eliminating potentially costly backup gaps created by daily or weekly backups.
- Secure transmission. Carbonite uses the same encryption technology used in online backing and e-commerce transactions.
- Safe offsite storage. Your backed up files are stored in one of Carbonite’s highly secure state-of-the-art data centers which are guarded 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Easy file recovery. If anything happens to any file, Carbonite finds it in your backup and puts it back in its original location on your computer – in just a few, simple steps.
- Anytime, Anywhere access. You can access your backed up files from any computer connected to the Internet — or even from your iPhone®, Android™ or BlackBerry® smartphone.